quinta-feira, 30 de julho de 2020
Operation Manager Brazil Office - Rio de Janeiro - RJ
Fundação Ford Brasil
EXPIRA EM 23/08/2020
The Ford Foundation, Brazil Office, seeks a dynamic Operations Manager who will work in close partnership with the Regional Director and the NY based operation team being responsible for the oversight and management of operations for the regional office, oversees the day-to-day operations functions of the office, including human resources ( people and culture) management, facilities management, safety and security, travel, legal compliance, events, information technology and finance. Also works to implement institutional projects and guide the smooth functioning of the regional office ensuring regulatory compliance of staff practices with policies and regulations. This position reports to the Regional Director and will have one New York focal point with each operations function managed by the Operations Manager, including Operations, people and culture the Office of Legal Services, Finance, Information Technology.
This position supervises an Operations Assistant on day-to-day administrative support needs as well as an Operation Assistant on day- to- day for CLUA support.
• Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
• Fluency in English (written and verbal).
• The foundation is a highly digital and system-based environment – solid comfort level with computers and good facility with systems.
• Minimum five years’ experience in a similar role.
• Strong management, organizational and planning skills.
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Demonstrated ability to attend to detail and to anticipate, be alert for problems and follow-up on a high volume of activities.
• Excellent communication skills (articulate and persuasive) with all levels.
• Ability to multi-task and balance the large number of tasks to be done, accurately set work priorities and meet deadlines, anticipate problems, and show initiative in solving them.
• Ability to work under pressure, anticipate problems, and develop solutions.
• Strong influencing, leadership and facilitation skills. Ability to articulate clear role expectations and direction.
• Ability to adapt to change, manage multiple priorities, and maintain confidentiality.
• Experience with an international organization, foundation or similar
Office Management (40%)
• Manages all vendor relationships including, but not limited to Finance, IT, Legal, HR, and benefits, Travel and Events & Logistics vendors, negotiate and manage all contracts working closely with Regional Director and NY Office.
• Oversee all day-to-day operations functions of the office.
• Coordinates with various office services vendors (e.g., ISP, telephone, office security system) on contracts, service interruptions, and maintenance. Facilities Management
• Management of the office lease renewals coordination and any office share arrangements.
• Oversight for the maintenance of the office including management of construction agreement.
Business Continuity & Travel
• Monitors and manage response to local and regional risks, incident response and compliance with global safety guidelines and NY travel policy.
• Support the foundation’s NY and local /regional compliance and risk management requirements to maintain and manage compliance obligations of a U.S. foundation operating internationally.
Manages office security systems with property management to establish and deliver regular on-site security drills.
• Manages crisis response in the event of an emergency or significant disruption to business operations.
• Manages office security training for all staff including HEAT, fire drill and evacuation training.
• Establish, manage, and maintain business continuity processes Technical Support (IT)
• Manages outsourced local IT service provider including, IT environment, hours of work, tasks performed and the needs of the staff.
• Oversees the purchase of any new IT equipment including laptops, desktops, video conference equipment in conjunction with IT in New York.
• Engage sand report regularly with NY Office on issues related to IT service delivery issues, upgrades, escalations, contractor performance, and coordinated vendor management activities.
Fiscal Management (15%)
• Relationship management for applicable finance related partners, such as local banks, audit firm, tax authorities, insurance providers, accounting services provider, and payroll providers.
• Petty cash management if any.
• Creates and monitors operations budget annually, in close consultation with the Regional Director and NY Office.
• Manages office insurance policies including liability, property, and D&O in coordination with NY office.
Local Compliance (15%)
• Oversees office inspections by local authorities.
• Oversees country agreements or registration renewals.
• Manage and monitor compliance with the local Labor Law, the Cybersecurity Laws, and Tax Law, and other local laws and regulations that have an impact on the operations of the office (e.g., customs compliance).
• Report regularly to the RD on all issues related to compliance.
• Manages and monitor compliance with restrictions related to office’s legal status in country.
• Ensures compliance of staff with local policies and regulations.
People and Culture Support (15%)
• Works with P&C NY and local benefits broker to manage all aspects of employee benefits, ensuring alignment with labor law requirements and best practices.
• In close partnership with local counsel, coordinates compliance with local work permits.
• Manages performance management and employee relations; provides counsel to managers and staff on appropriate development and improvement steps.
• Monitor and recommend changes in people and culture policies, and update employee handbook in alignment with local law changes and in partnership with NY Legal and NY HR
• Support, manage, and provide guidance for employment interview processes for all roles (PO and RD recruitment are led by NY P&C).
• Plans and oversees implementation of employee onboarding of new staff and offboarding of departing staff.
Liaises with NY P&C and the RD on compensation matters related to local compensation benchmarks, employment offers, and promotional increases.
• Oversees the maintenance of employee records.
Coordinates with payroll provider to oversee the tracking of local staff leave (annual, sick, and emergency) and advises staff of accrued leave credits.
Miscellaneous/Contingency /Local Office Support (15%)
• Acts as back-up support to the Operations Assistant as needed.
• Provides operational support for initiatives led or hosted by the regional office
• Other duties as assigned.
• Coordinates with NY IM staff to ensure compliance with foundation records retention policies and best practices.
This is a full-time position based at the Ford Foundation in Rio de Janeiro.
Due to COVID-19, our staff is working remotely from home, in the beginning, this will be a virtual role.
Ability to travel and attend meetings, presentations and events outside the office in a near future.
Salary is based on experience and on the Foundation’s commitment to internal equity.
A generous benefits package is provided.
Interested candidates are requested to send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Operations Manager Brazil’ as the subject line.
Application Deadline: August 23, 2020.