EXPIRA EM 30/07/2020
The Network & Communications Associate supports the expansion of WINGS vibrant and growing global network. Working under the direct supervision of the Network & Communications Coordinator, the Associate will be responsible for two main objectives:
● Network: Supporting the Coordinator and the department for day-to-day engagement and communication with WINGS’ members, catalyzing relationships between them, organizing networking events, the membership drive, and devising strategies for innovation and growth.
● Communications: Supporting the Coordinator for all WINGS outgoing communications which include managing social media, curating the newsletter, and managing website content. The Associate will ensure support in the publication dissemination plans and outreach around WINGS materials.
In addition, the Associate will contribute to WINGS institutional development.
● Development: Helping coordinate all and write some of WINGS’ grants proposals, reports, and be a resource person for relationship with donors;
● Representation: Participation in national, regional and international events or webinars and calls will be required from time-to-time to represent WINGS and extend the network worldwide.
The Network & Communications Associate will collaborate with other members of the staff on different projects.
Main areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to:
● Network Management: provide support and in some cases taking ownership of activities to promote network cohesion, membership retention and growth, hold exploratory calls with potential new members, oversee membership processing, conduct member surveys, maintain membership database, prepare membership reports, promote member engagement, CRM, etc.
● Communications: support in the execution of social media, help to curate and edit two newsletters (WINGS and SDG Philanthropy Platform), manage Philanthropy in Focus blog, oversee website management.
● Development: help with project proposals and reports, help with ongoing fundraising efforts.
● Institutional: contribute to advance the overall mission of WINGS, represent WINGS at international conferences and meetings when necessary, provide general support to WINGS operations- including those with other departments- as needed, etc.
This is a full time and long-term consulting position that can either be based out of Brazil or remotely, working with the WINGS team in Brazil (Sao Paulo) and the Network and Communications Coordinator who is based in Asia.
Contract is two years renewable. Flexibility in work times needed. Depending on location, there is a possibility for the candidate to work from one of our members offices.
Salary range: US$1900-2400 per month depending on experience
A successful candidate will have the following:
● Native or bi lingual English speaker, including excellent writing and editing skills. Other languages are appreciated.
● Solid experience in communications, media relations, program management, and network building.
● Experience in a membership organization or network is an important asset. Those with experience in managing multiple accounts in an agency setting will also be favorably considered.
● Excellent diplomatic skills, strong interpersonal ability in diverse cultural environments.
● Experience abroad, or working with international partners.
● Global mindset: openness to and awareness of cultural and geographic diversity.
● Knowledge about global civil society issues, SDGs, trends, actors, and challenges is important.
● Experience in the philanthropic field is an important asset.
● Self-motivated with strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects.
● Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
● Experience in digital marketing and proficiency in the use of computers and database systems. Knowledge of website maintenance, latest information technology, social media and online meetings is welcome. Experience in digital marketing tools is a plus.
● 3-5 years of relevant professional experience.
● Master degree or equivalent.
How to Apply
To be considered, please submit a cover letter, résumé, and salary expectations as one PDF attachment in English by e-mail to (Nayara Lima at firstname.lastname@example.org) by 15 July.
Consideration will begin as soon as applications are received, and the position will remain open until filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply before the deadline.